This article describes the steps to migrate an existing installation of S-Series from one server to a new server.
Procedure on Current Server
This section describes the steps which need to be performed on the server with the existing running S-Series.
1. It is required to stop all work on the S-Series system, i.e. logout all operators and shutdown the S-Series service from Windows service control manager.
2. Make a copy of all the contents of the dat folder on the current server. The permissions of the dat folder must be changed. By default, the owner of the dat folder is set to SYSTEM and to be able to copy the dat folder the ownership must be changed from SYSTEM to a different user account that has the rights to copy the folder.
Procedure on New Server
1. On the new server you will need to install the S-Series.
2. After the installation, the S-Series service is started automatically. The service must be stopped (using windows service control manager) to be able to replace the database files in dat folder.
3. Using Windows explorer go to the folder where the S-Series was installed and rename the dat folder so that it is no longer called dat. The permissions will need to be changed as explained in the earlier steps to perform this task.
4. Copy the entire dat folder, including all the files, as described in the Procedure on Current Server step and place them on the new server.
5. Now start the S-Series service (from Windows service control manager) to complete the migration.
6. If the S-Series is configured to use key store then you will need to go to Options – Operators and select the key store operator and click Activate button.