For the S-Series, in the unlikely event that the application needs to be reinstalled it is possible to restore the application such that the application will be restored to its previous state before the reinstall. Follow the steps below to restore the S-Series application.
Important: Before starting a restore it is important that you have a backup database file available and that you have knowledge of the backup database passcode.
1. Perform an uninstall of S-Series as described in the uninstall article.
2. Install a clean installation of the S-Series as described in the install article.
3. Restore the S-Series application. With the System Owner card or a Fully Featured operator card attached that has a role that includes System Administrator, start the S-Series console on the server.
4. The operator will be prompted to browse to the location where the backup database file is located. Browse to the backup file. The name for the backed-up database file should be OperatorTool_Audit.db.bak. On selecting the database file, enter the operator passcode and the backup database file passcode as was created during the initialization phase of the original installation.
5. If the S-Series is configured to use key store then you will need to go to Options – Operators and select the key store operator and click Activate button.
6. Click the Ok button to complete the restore.